Sunday, November 8, 2015

I found an interesting article on school libraries. I spent lots of time in school libraries and public libraries.  We had a great public library that was huge in the town where I grew up.  Once a week my Mom would take us to check out and returns books.  This was say 50 years ago and they had programs we participated in too.  I loved my school's library too.  As you can tell I read a LOT!

Anyway back to the article it is here New Report from Scholastic Shows School Libraries Work  I don't know if they have a period during a child's day where they take the kids to the school library or not anymore.  We did in graade school and I think it is a great thing to do to encourage young readers.

Isn't this an awesome school library.  It is Bowden Primary school but I don't know where that is.

No comments: