Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Wow, it has been really hot in my area.  How about yours?  It is perfect weather to stay in the air conditioning and read.  OK, I'll admit I love hot weather but don't tolerate it well.  100 degree weather keeps me inside.

Some fun sites I've found for the summer:

20 Sites to help improve your child's literacy

Goodreads interview with writer Elle Kennedy

According to Popsugar the best summer reads and a reading challenge



What did you read in high school and have you reread them ever?  Some of the books I read during high school were:

Moby Dick by Herman Melville

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

Dante's Inferno by Dante Alghieri

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

Lord of the Flies by William Golding

I haven't reread any of them but I think sooner or later I would like to reread The Grapes of Wrath and Lord of the Flies.  I read lots more than these because I took English lit and Brittish lit.  My favorite classes.




No comments: