Here are 16 New Years resolutions for book nerds according to Buzzfeed
- You promise you won't buy any more books till you finish your to-read pile. ha, I've tried this it doesn't work.
- You solemnly swear that you'll stop using receipts as book marks in favor of one you won't lose. I just lose those too.
- You finally commit to donating that pile of books that have been sitting in the closet for months.
- And you pledge to read That Classic Novel that everyone has read but you.
- You also vow to read books by authors you have not read before. I do this all the time anyway so I'm ahead of the game, lol.
- And you 'swear' that this is the year you will get your shelves organized.
- You also tell yourself this is the year you'll FINALLY tackle the Game of Thrones books. Not really.
- You promise to stop 'whining' when your book club picks a title that doesn't appeal to you.
- And you promise yourself you won't judge people when they say that their favorite book is just the current #1 best seller.
- You'll read various genres instead of just your favorite. Yep, accomplished this last year -spread my wings and enjoyed it.
- You promise to stop babbling about the current book ~that changed your life~when you know your friends are ZONING out.
- You swear to explore more of your local Indie book stores.
- And you'll make an effort to not get too 'ragey' when someone in your family interrupts your reading. No promises here.
- You'll promise not to spend all your book gift cards in one trip. I didn't get any but I don't think I could make this promise if I had. lol
- You also promise to be more organized and keep track of which book you leant to which friend. I doubt this is going to happen, lol. I can't remember where I put my keys, let alone where which books are.
- Most importantly, you swear on your stacks of books that you'll never stop reading!!! Yeppers, most definitely.
For the original article by Farrah Penn go here