Saturday, January 9, 2016

I think I discovered today I might have a slight hoarding problem - not books, most of those are on my Kindle so I really don't "see" how many I have.  Yarn - yep yarn.  I have to clear out one of my craft rooms to put a new floor down and I have 5 bags of over 100 skeins each and I haven't done the baby yarn or crochet thread yet.   I know, I'm bad.  I'm making a vow not to buy any yarn for at least 6 months till I use some up.

Here are 16 New Years resolutions for book nerds according to Buzzfeed

  1. You promise you won't buy any more books till you finish your to-read pile. ha, I've tried this it doesn't work.
  2. You solemnly swear that you'll stop using receipts as book  marks in favor of one you won't lose.  I just lose those too.
  3. You finally commit to donating that pile of books that have been sitting in the closet for months.
  4. And you pledge to read That Classic Novel that everyone has read but you. 
  5. You also vow to read books by authors you have not read before.  I do this all the time anyway so I'm ahead of the game, lol.
  6. And you 'swear' that this is the year you will get your shelves organized.
  7. You also tell yourself this is the year you'll FINALLY tackle the Game of Thrones books. Not really.
  8. You promise to stop 'whining' when your book club picks a title that doesn't appeal to you.
  9. And you promise yourself you won't judge people when they say that their favorite book is just the current #1 best seller.
  10. You'll read various genres instead of just your favorite.  Yep, accomplished this last year -spread my wings and enjoyed it.
  11. You promise to stop babbling about the current book ~that changed your life~when you know your friends are ZONING out.  
  12. You swear to explore more of your local Indie book stores.
  13. And you'll make an effort to not get too 'ragey' when someone in your family interrupts your reading.   No promises here.
  14. You'll promise not to spend all your book gift cards in one trip.  I didn't get any but I don't think I could make this promise if I had.  lol
  15. You also promise to be more organized and keep track of which book you leant to which friend.  I doubt this is going to happen, lol.  I can't remember where I put my keys, let alone where which books are.
  16. Most importantly, you swear on your stacks of books that you'll never stop reading!!!  Yeppers, most definitely.

For the original article by Farrah Penn go here


No comments: